I guess the range of health concerns that anyone may have is all dependent on the environment and family of the person being asked. My concerns tend to be geared toward those that my patients face, including alzeheimers and diabetes. Alzeheimers is becoming rampant in the US but there is little that the average person does for those with the disease and their families. It is difficult to understand the depth of pain that dimentia diseases can cause unless you have been apart of a family that has gone through it. As for the women that I talked with, they voiced similar concerns but also included others that are directly related to them. Infertility, heart health and general wellbeing were among the top discussed. For all of the women that I spoke with and for me the major health concern right now is not that of the diseases but for the care that we and all others will be receiving, no matter what the problem is. More discussion was placed on the current state of healthcare reform than any other. I agree that whatever comes along medically, the ability to afford and receive healthcare is a high priority in many minds.
Saturday, September 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree strongly with your ending statement, Health care is a very high priority. Many baby boomers are getting older and the need for large amounts of quality care are in deep need at this point in time. Alzheimer's is a disease that many people consider someone else's problem, when in fact it is a national problem. I believe more money should be directed toward the development of preventative measures and also on investigative measures to find the source of the disease' root cause. I believe this disease can affect anyone no matter how much they eat, drink ,walk or run, no one knows why it happens, but when it does, there is no going back; that is a national health care issue.
ReplyDeleteSuzanne Kubelka
Medical care and bed side manners are definitely important. The patients that you interviewed are already sick so their main concerns would be proper health care as well as medical insurance for the future. I applaud you for your career choice in the medical field it takes a strong person to deal with sick people on a daily basis.
ReplyDelete